If you’ve been sexually assaulted, you can get help. You can report the assault to police by calling 999 or 101 or you can contact the Cornwall Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) on 0300 3034626, or by submitting an online referral form and they will call you back at a time you specify.

You may need time to think about what has happened to you however, you should consider getting medical help as soon as possible, because you may be at risk of pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If you contact the SARC they can help you with this.

If you want the crime to be investigated, the sooner a forensic medical examination takes place, the better the outcome. After 7 days forensic evidence can no longer be gathered, although the Sexual Assault Referral Centre can still help you in other ways.

Safer Futures provide therapy to children ages 5-16 years of age who have experienced domestic abuse and/or sexual violence. We also provide therapy to adults aged 16+ who have experienced recent sexual violence in the last 12 months or have completed a criminal justice process within the last 12 months.