Need help? Call our helpline. Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm 0300 777 4777
Leave Site

Self Help: Housing

two people preparing for court

Occupation order

You can apply for an occupation order if you’re a victim of domestic violence and meet the requirements. The order will say who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area. You can apply if: you own or rent the home and it is, was, or was intended to be shared with […]

Read more
cat and dog

Refuge for pets

When considering escaping a domestic abuse situation, you may have concerns regarding your pets.  In the South West, there is a charity called Refuge4Pets which provides a pet fostering service so that individuals and families can escape violent and abusive relationships, to access the safety and support that they need, before being reunited with their much loved […]

Read more
woman looking at the future

Refuge information

What is a refuge? A refuge is a safe house where people and children who are experiencing domestic abuse can stay free from fear. Refuge addresses (and sometimes telephone numbers) are confidential. There are over 500 refuge and support services in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Who can go into a refuge? Any person who needs […]

Read more
hand holding house keys

Emergency housing

If you have nowhere else to go that is safe, this includes staying with family or friends then you can present yourself as homeless. To do this you need to go in person to your local Information Service and make a homelessness application. Cornwall Council are the statutory organisation to support people and their housing […]

Read more
women looking out of a window

Sanctuary Scheme

The Sanctuary Scheme provides victims of domestic abuse a way to stay safe in their own home. The scheme provides victims with improved home security. If you are interested in the scheme please read this leaflet.

Read more

Funded by:

In partnership with: